RI-LINKS2UA Final Event - Fostering Research and Innovation in Ukraine - Presentations available!
On January 30, the final event of the RI-LINKS2UA project took place in Kyiv.
On January 30, the final event of the RI-LINKS2UA project titled "Fostering Research and Innovation in Ukraine - The Role of Science in the Ukrainian Innovations Development" was successfully held at City Hotel Kyiv.
It was organised in oder to tack stock of the work, which was implemented under the project from 2016 until 2019. Moreover, it's aim was to initiate a discussion about possible future directions of the Ukrainian research and innovation system both on the national and international level.
Detailed information about the topics discussed (R&I support measures in Ukraine, Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe etc.), the speakers (representing both Ukrainian stakeholders and officials from the European Commission) and selected Ukrainian projects benefiting from EU funding can be found in the event agenda attached.
The presentations which have been agreed for public disclosure can be found below.
- Importance of an innovation driven approach in the Research & Innovation sector, Klaus Schuch, Scientific Director, ZSI – Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), Austria
- Shift in the paradigm: Towards innovation oriented research approaches, Luca Polizzi, Research Policy Officer, European Neighbourhood, Africa and the Gulf, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
Session I - Research & Innovation Support Measures in Ukraine
- Towards a new innovation strategy for the Ukrainian Research & Innovation sector, Chayka Darya, Director General, Directorate of Innovation and Technology Transfer of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- The Horizon 2020 Policy Support Facility in Ukraine: Implementation and results, Dmytro Cheberkus, Director General, Directorate of Research, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Technology transfer: Strategy for growth and innovation, Giancarlo Caratti di Lanzacco, Head of Unit, EC Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Smart Specialisation Strategies: Where does Ukraine stand?
- Fernando Hervas, Deputy Head of Unit EC Joint Research Centre (JRC)
- Nino Dameniia, Senior expert on Smart Specialization and Industry development RST, Ministry economic development and Trade of Ukraine
- How to blend EU funding instruments – Widening and Seal of Excellence, Stefan Weiers, Deputy Head of Unit, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
Session II - From Horizon 2020 to Horizon Europe
- Ukrainian NCP System and latest Ukrainian participation results in Horizon 2020, Stella Shapoval, NCP Coordinator Deputy Head of Department – Head of Division of International Scientific and Technical Cooperation of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
- Success Stories - Horizon 2020 projects with Ukrainian participation:
- ERA-PLANET project in move – lessons learned and prospective, Natalia Kussul, Deputy Director of the Space Research Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Horizon Europe - the next research and innovation framework programme: An outlook, Luca Polizzi, Research Policy Officer, European Neighbourhood, Africa and the Gulf, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Communicating Europe in Ukraine, Svitlana Kisilova, Project Coordinator, Communication Agency E`COMM
Additional information in Ukrainian: