Black Sea Horizon Grant Scheme to facilitate the participation of Black Sea countries in Brokerage Events – APPLY NOW!
This grant scheme financially supports the participation of local researchers from Black Sea countries in brokerage events related to H2020 in the EU Member States or Associated Countries.
Such grants will allow researchers to network with EU consortia, to build-up partnerships for subsequent joint research activities and to make their institutions and/or their research networks better known.
The thematic priorities of the Call are the following three topics:
- 'Sustainable agriculture'
- 'Resource efficiency in relation to water / water management' and
- 'Applied chemistry & smart materials'
Maximum funding per grant is 1000 EUR.
The grant scheme is developed within the Black Sea Horizon project to financially support the participation of local researchers from Black Sea countries (including Ukraine) in large-scale brokerage events and other similar activities in EU Member States or Associated Countries, which are related to Horizon 2020. Such events provide an excellent arena for researchers to liaise and develop synergies, therefore the participation of researchers from the targeted countries will increase their opportunities to get involved and be taken onboard in consortia set up in EU MS/AC countries. It will also allow the researchers to make their institutions and/or their research networks better known to the scientific community.
Please find attached:
- Guidelines for Applicants
- Application form
- Follow-up report form
- Invoice template
These criteria have to be met in order to be eligible for participation.
- Be a member or an employee of a research institution/organization and/or of a network of organizations and/or of a higher education institution and/or of an SME-enterprise working on research. The aim is that the participation will have a multiplier effect in the country and/or region.
- Conduct research at the above mentioned organisation in one of the partner countries (AR, AZ, BY, GE, MO, TR, UA)
- Submit a completely filled in application form along with all the required documentation.
- Have a PhD degree and/or at least three years’ full time experience in research.
- Carry out research in one of the three targeted thematic focuses: sustainable agriculture, resource efficiency in relation to water / water management or applied chemistry & smart materials.
- Speaking fluent English.
- Specify at least one call anticipated in H2020 Work Programme for 2016-17, which is in the focus of their scientific research and fit for consortium-building
- Some international experience (already existing contacts in other countries, participation in previous international conferences and collaborations, etc.)
- Commitment to participate in Horizon2020 calls
- Scientific excellence/Research performance (publications, patents, project, etc.) (50% of the score)
- Previous international cooperation activities (projects and/or structured cooperation with other countries; trainings abroad; participation in international conferences, etc.) (15% of the score)
- Commitment to take full advantage of the participation in the event: expected outcome, concrete plans for cooperation, participation in Horizon2020 calls should be described in more detail including also the expected number of contacts established directly in brokerage/matching sessions, planned signed letters of agreement. (35% of the score)
Additional evaluation criteria
- Gender: Encouragement of female researchers to participate
- Encouragement of young researchers (under 40)
Deadline for submission: 1st July 2016 (yet tbc.)
Latest date of the selected event: 31st January 2017 (yet tbc.)
Please find all relevant information on the website of our partner project BLACK SEA HORIZON