RI-LINKS2UA practical workshop: The Horizon 2020 SME Instrument – what is it and what are the features of a successful proposal?
How to assist Ukrainian SMEs in preparing a successful application under the Horizon 2020 SME instrument” which will be held in Kyiv on 5-6 December 2018
The practical workshop takes place in Kyiv (venue TBA) from December 5-6, 2018.
The preliminary agenda
5th December 2018
09:00-09:30 Welcome note from EBRD (TBC)
09:30-10:30 Introduction on Horizon 2020 and the importance of impact for Horizon 2020 funded projects (Philipp BRUGNER)
10.30-10:45 Coffee break
10:45-13:00 Award criteria: How proposals are reviewed and expectations from evaluators (Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI)
13:00-14:00 Lunch break
14:00-15:00 Annotated proposal template for the SME Instrument: Phase 1 and Phase 2. Examples of awarded proposals (Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI and Philipp BRUGNER)
15:00-15:15 Coffee break
15:15-17:00 Drafting a Business Plan. The Lean Model Canvas Business tool (Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI)
6th December 2018
09:00-09:30 Recapping what was done on Day 1 (Philipp BRUGNER and Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI)
9:30 -11:00 How to pitch: Preparing the pitch (Phase 2) (Alessia MELASECCHE GERMINI)
11:00-11:15 Coffee break
11:15-13:00 Communication, dissemination and exploitation as part of a successful project proposal: What are the differences? How to build a comprehensive strategy complying with IPR, ethical and data management standards? (Philipp BRUGNER)
13:00-14:00 Lunch break
14:00-15:00 Summary and closing the workshop
Practical exercises will be introduced throughout the session.
Working language: English. Participants are expected to have good command of English as this is the language to be used in project applications.
Number of participants is limited to one group of 20 people and priority will be given to those with a first experience in the Horizon 2020 SME instrument (e.g. participation in a proposal, submission of a proposal, first own proposal concept etc.
Please register until 25 November 2018 (inclusive) – https://goo.gl/q4g6QE
Contact details: Ms. Liudmyla Voinalovych, EBRD Ukraine, VOINALOL@ebrd.com
All materials of the practical workshop are attached below
- Booklet_COSME_2018_UKR.PDF (PDF)
- Booklet_EU4Business_2018_UKR.PDF (PDF)
- Booklet_Horizon2020_2018_UKR.PDF (PDF)
- BRUGNER_Communication__Dissemination__Exploitation_in_Horizon_2020.pdf (PDF)
- BRUGNER_Intro_on_H2020_and_importance_of_impact.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_Access4SMEs_Annotated_Template.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_Award_criteria_How_proposals_are_reviewed.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_Drafting_a_business_plan.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_EIC_and_SME_Instrument.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_eic-pilot-sme-instrument-pitch-deck-templates.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_h2020-call-pt-sme-1-2018-20_en.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_h2020-call-pt-sme-2-2018-20_en.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_HowToPitch-PreparingThePitch-Phase2.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_Intro_to_Annotated_Template.pdf (PDF)
- MELASECCHE_GERMINI_Lean_canvas_Template.pptx (PPTX)