2017 Bioeconomy Investment Summit
The Summit discusses the potential the bioeconomy has to offer in building a sustainable future, and how to mobilize investments to unlock that potential.
The 2017 Bioeconomy Investment Summit is a follow up of the Bioeconomy Investment Summit organised by the EU in 2015, and builds on the results of the Lodz Bioeconomy Congress and the Bratislava Bioeconomy Conference in 2016.
The Summit discusses the potential the bioeconomy has to offer in building a sustainable future, and how to mobilize investments to unlock that potential. Key topics include:
- Regulatory policy environment to transition towards a circular bioeconomy
- Bioeconomy products and services value chains, including sustainability issues
- Private and public financing opportunities for the bioeconomy
- Identifications of barriers and obstacles for investments in the bioeconomy
- International bioeconomy markets
- Europe’s bioeconomy strategy development
The main conference day, 14 December takes place in Finlandia Hall.
The themes include:
Session 1: A new paradigm for a new era
Session 2: Investing in the bioeconomy - from niche to norm
Session 3: Bioeconomy in action - smart, sustainable, inclusive and global business
including a global panel on Building the international bioeconomy market
On 15 December, participants have the possibility to choose from a variety of sessions and workshops hosted by our collaborators. Information on these will be announced later.
On 13 December there will be an invitation-only media workshop.