Bioeconomy Policy Day
The event is an appropriate moment not only to announce the outcomes of the review on the Bioeconomy strategy presented in a Staff Working Document, but also and discuss how to move the Bioeconomy forward.
- Present and receive feedback on the findings of the review of the Bioeconomy strategy
- Raise awareness about the importance of an inclusive, widely shared agenda for Bioeconomy that is responsive to societal needs and aspirations
- Present points of interest and highlight synergies with the different Directorates Generals that have a bearing on Bioeconomy.
- Stakeholders, including the members of the European Bioeconomy Stakeholders Panel
- Policy makers, including national and regional level
- EC staff
- SC2 project participants
The programme will include:
- a plenary session highlighting the outcome of the Staff Wording Document on the revue of the Bioeconomy strategy;
- video clips focus on innovations, new businesses, companies, social projects related to Bioeconomy;
- a presentation of the Bioeconomy Manifesto, setting out a societal agenda for Bioeconomy development;
- 9 parallel sessions managed by 9 General Directorates, the co-signatories of the Bioeconomy Strategy.
A "Bioeconomy village" with 20 booths will be showcased during the days 16 and 17 November.
Download the agenda:
This event forms part of the Horizon 2020 Societal challenge 2 InfoWeek which will take place from 14 to 17 November.
As for other events, participation is free of charge but participants are asked to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Registration for all events in the Infoweek is now open here. It will close on 20 October at the latest. We may close registration earlier if the maximum number of participants is reached.