Blue Growth and Research and Innovation
The event is a good opportunity to have a clear overview of the wide cross-sectorial and interdisciplinary marine, maritime and aquatic research and innovation in Horizon 2020, and its relevance to EU policies, the Bioeconomy and the Blue Economy.
- Address the wide coverage of the cross-sectorial and interdisciplinary approach to marine, maritime and aquatic research and innovation in Horizon 2020, and its relevance to EU policies, the Bioeconomy and the Blue Economy.
- Showcase examples of impactful EU research and innovation (R&I) projects portfolios related to Blue Growth and
- Highlight synergies with other programmes and initiatives related to Blue Growth.
- Policy makers, including national and regional level
- SC2 project participants and potential applicants
The programme will then include an overview of EU programmes contributing to Blue Growth through research and innovation; a session showcasing project portfolios on sustainable marine bioresources; a second session on project portfolios with marine ecosystems and food security focus; a final session on project portfolios on marine data and digitisation technologies.
A "Bioeconomy village" with 20 booths will be showcased during the days 16 and 17 November
This event forms part of the Horizon 2020 Societal challenge 2 InfoWeek which will take place from 14 to 17 November.
As for other events, participation is free of charge but participants are asked to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
Registration for all events in the Infoweek is now open here. It will close on 20 October at the latest. We may close registration earlier if the maximum number of participants is reached.